Restaurantalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restaurantalia

The world restaurant, where one can taste foods from all over the world (don't try the English food)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arthur Kirkland

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland Empty
PostSubject: Arthur Kirkland   Arthur Kirkland EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:54 pm

~Y.O.U.R. .C.H.A.R.A.C.T.E.R~

Arthur Kirkland Tea-1

Name: Arthur Kirkland
Hometown: Manchester, England

Personality: Though Arthur proclaims himself a gentleman, in reality he is often cynical, sharp tongued, and rather intolerant of people who ridicule him, or constantly harass him. Despite these seemingly malicious traits, the Englishman also has softer qualities to himself, mostly within his hobbies. He enjoys embroidery, literature, and gardening in his free time. Frequently, Arthur is derided for a habit of his, which he personally believes to be justified. This habit just so happens to be his infatuation with communication to mythical creatures, which he claims to see and hear clearly, though he seems to be the only one with the ability to do so.

Though his preferences are to be left in solitary seclusion, Arthur is unfortunately left to put up with many people within his life, the lot of them being his three elder brothers, and one younger brother. However deplorable Arthur finds this to be, it has served some purpose. The Englishman finds it surprisingly easy to read others, despite masks they may put on, or under toned anger they may be hiding. This perceptibility may lead him into trouble, or save him from it.

All in all, he makes for an irritable, short tempered, stuck up person on the outside, though in actuality he is gentle, compassionate, and selfless on the inside.

Appearance: Arthur is a rather average height to begin with, never receiving any particularly high statured genes from his English culture. He stands at a sturdy five foot nine, and is normally depicted as rather svelte; not incredibly lanky. Light blonde and short hair adorns his head, and he often times complains of his inability to smooth it down. The few unique things of Arthur's appearance are within his eyes (and above, thanks to those abnormally large brows.). He has resplendent viridian hued eyes, and once more, abnormally large eyebrows, which he's very defensive of.

Though teased mercilessly by nearly everyone in his life for his style of dress, he loves his sweater vests, dress shirts, and (ironed until perfect, of course) endless pairs of khaki pants, normally complete with black loafers. Arthur had always been taught to dress properly, as a gentleman should and holds to it until this day. Even so, when no one he knows is around (or so he thinks) you may catch him slipping back into his old band t-shirts, and skin tight pants from his teenager years.

Experience: First time waiting
Reason for joining:
Always quick to critique performance in hospitality and etiquette, Arthur's main goal was to bring candid manners back into the restaurant business. He had wished to be a cook at once, but his English heritage hindered him in the kitchen, and he resigned to being a waiter (after blowing up his own kitchen...twice). Now content with his current job, he has settled into being a full time waiter. Benefits also include paying the rent, of course.

History:
His history isn't horridly out of the ordinary, or too extensive. Arthur was born in Manchester, though his family moved to America when he was around five, so he has little recollection of his previous life before. He began school roughly, getting picked on constantly for the way he spoke, and his love for faeries (which the other boys, his brothers included claimed were too girlish), and just about anything kids could find.

In middle school, he found himself getting into a myriad of fist fights with other children, and he had been rather angry at the time after the teasing continued. Even so, he was able to keep his grades up, and throughout most of school, he received straight A's.

Entering high school, Arthur still managed to keep his four point grade average, though he certainly didn't look the part. His teachers and parents often told him that the were proud of his efforts in school, but they wished he would take the many piercings from his ears, lip, (and one even on his hip, much to his English teacher's dismay) and wash the brightly coloured dyes from his hair. A new colour was in the light blonde hair every week.

Arthur continued to walk the halls of his high school with ripped t-shirts, ripped and skinny jeans, and a bad attitude, complete with an odd amount of motivation until he graduated. After that, he began to change his dress style, hair style, and everything in his appearance right before college, which is what he is currently attending. He hopes to graduate in a few years with a teaching degree in English.

RP sample:
Ruminating over the priceless expression plastered over obvious disturbed facial features of the captured, England took the moment to send his condolences to Matthew in the rare moment of solace. What a candidly callow proposition it was to toy further with Arthur's emotions at this point. England had thought it a pity that Canada had sounded so sure of himself when reminiscing on recollections of the Briton's piracy, and here he was shuddering under tepid touches that hardly damaged in England's eyes. Wasn't he conscious of the fact that no sympathy existed in the mind of one who began turmoil? It was then that he heard the calloused hoarse symphony of a voice so small, and he nearly burst into laughter at the words. Oh he had been meddlesome scrutinizing the brash reactions possible from Canada's temper tantrum. He had received what he desired, and he was more than pleased with the result. A stomach churning Cheshire grin turning up on his lips he spoke, "Child, my curiosity has yet to be satisfied at all. I am not punishing you, for you've commited identical crimes to mine-- curiosity that is. I'm simply playing along with our little roulette." Extending his arm outward to grasp the mangled collar of the other nation he swiftly scooped Matthew upward, tossing him, and sweeping the study desk with him as if he accounted for no more than paper.
(We were doing a fight scene if you were wondering what was going on. This was taken from chatango)

~O.U.T. .O.F. .C.H.A.R.A.C.T.E.R~

Name/Nickname:Arthur ._. I'm serious. That is my name. I have a picture of my ID as proof. *is used to people not believing me*
Country and Timezone: My homeland is England GMT, but I'm a foreign exchange student in Colorado for the moment.
AIM/MSN/Skype/Ect:Very Happy *has none, yaaay*
Did you read the rules?:I like pirates who are undercover ninjas ._.
Any last words?:The cake. Its a lie. And you have just lost the game. C:
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Arthur Kirkland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Kirkland   Arthur Kirkland EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:05 pm

I...have a dilemma on my hands. On the one hand, I think your application is really amazing, seriously. Really well done. However... I had no idea that Tino had let you reserve England. She hadn't told me. Really, sorry. But... I'd already had England reserved, before you.

This is how it's gonna go. My England reserved first, so if she posts her app in the next week, it'll be hers.

But. If she doesn't, I'm going to accept you.

I'm really sorry, and if you don't get it, I strongly urge you to reserve another character.
Back to top Go down
https://restaurantalia.rpg-board.net
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Kirkland   Arthur Kirkland EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Ah well, I do thank you for the compliments on my application, though I'm afraid England is the only character out of hetalia I ever rp. U_U I do apologize for sounding so...e__e stuck up? It's not that I can't rp anyone else, I just...choose not to.
Though I suppose it doesn't matter since it's been a week and two days since this post ewe *titters*
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Arthur Kirkland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Kirkland   Arthur Kirkland EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Mm, yes it did sound stuck up. But I can see why, I mostly play Arthur (I would have played him here too actually, I was convinced not to for the sake of AsaKiku ono, so yes, I understand the whole stuck up-y ness)

Yes, yes, no gloating. *smacks* My Arthur dropped too, but I've not really got on lately. So, you're accepted.
Back to top Go down
https://restaurantalia.rpg-board.net
Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones

Arthur Kirkland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Kirkland   Arthur Kirkland EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:48 am

*jumps with joy* Yay~ Now I won't feel awkward with my RP's! *kisses Arthur*
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Kirkland   Arthur Kirkland EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:36 pm

*kisses Izaack back*

To Japan: XD I love how cordial you are though you agree to my stuck upness ene Then again, I am English so I suppose it comes with the job description. *SO SHOT*
I hope you didn't take any of that the wrong way though, in all sincerity.
Also, I wasn't trying to gloat, I swear. ewe I was giggling at my stupidity on forums *IS SUCH A NERD*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arthur Kirkland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Kirkland   Arthur Kirkland Empty

Back to top Go down

Arthur Kirkland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Restaurantalia :: Character Information :: Accepted Applications :: Staff-
Jump to: