Restaurantalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restaurantalia

The world restaurant, where one can taste foods from all over the world (don't try the English food)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application Empty
PostSubject: Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application   Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 pm

~Y.O.U.R. .C.H.A.R.A.C.T.E.R~

Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application Aph__bon_appetit_by_avatarida-d3aaj6y

Name: Roderich Edelstein
Hometown: Vienna, Austria

Personality: Roderich is a young man that may seem very cold and snobbish, and when making pastries he is never content until it is absolutely perfect. He can walk around in the kitchen as if he owns the place, until he is put to place with the wooden spoon the master chef always carries around. Underneath his cold and demanding demeanor, however, lies a true gentleman of the old cut, one that will hold open doors for others, take off his hat in greeting (in the rare occasion he wears a hat, that is) and never will have a foul mouth. In fact, his speech is rather old-fashioned, due to the pile of literature in old-fashioned English he has been reading.
Next to reading and baking, he enjoys music and art, and he loves playing the piano and violin. He tried his part at drawing and painting, but he enjoys creating art with food rather than pencils and paint.
Even though Roderich can seem stern and irritated, he has a control over his temper and his nerves. When something happens, he won’t panic and knows what to do. He can spend hours to make his newest creation perfect; this often results in being yelled at by the master chef, and staying after closing hours to finish it.
The only thing that no one ever, ever should make him do, is prepare seafood dishes. Roderich has an extreme dislike to anything marine, especially crab and lobster. He can handle fish, though he’d rather have someone else do it.

Appearance: Roderich has a ‘thing’ for cravats. Combined with a button-down shirt he looks somewhat like an old-fashioned aristocrat, only adding to his snobbish appearance. Obviously, he doesn’t wear a cravat during cooking, but has instead a cook uniform that is clean and white everyday (to the point that colleagues wonder whether he actually washes the uniform every day, or he just has several of them). However, if looked at closely, the uniform is patched up at places, as Roderich is tight with his money and rather repairs something instead of buying new. This goes for nearly all of his clothes.
His dark brown hair is neatly combed, apart from the little strand of hair that keeps standing up, and he has deep blue eyes which he hides behind glasses. He doesn’t actually need glasses, but he thinks his face looks plain without them. Below his left-hand mouth corner he has a mole, and he really dislikes it if anyone points it out. Despite the fact that he loves cakes and pastries, Roderich is a rather lean and slender man. He is strong, but not obviously muscled, with long slender hands. This because he was a chubby child, and others poked fun at him because of that. Now he is careful and makes sure to not gain any weight. When at home, he simply wears the above mentioned cravat and a shirt, with comfortable pants, though sometimes he enjoys wearing a t-shirt or sweater (without cravat) too.

Experience: he has worked in the pastry shop of his family and has completed a three-year education at cooking school.
Reason for joining: He wanted to gain experience on national dishes all over the world, and eventually take over the family shop.

History: Roderich grew up as the only child of the owners of a prestigious pastry shop in Vienna. He loved to help his father and mother in the shop, because his parents didn’t have much free time, and this way he could be with them more often. Unfortunately, all the delicious pastries and cakes made him a chubby kid, and Roderich was often bullied in school. After a diet he had slimmed down to a lean, slender teenager, who was quiet and wasn’t easy with making friends (due to the bullying). The cake shop had been doing less well though, and Roderich tried his best to help his parents in the shop, even though other kids would laugh at him for being ‘girly’ and making cakes. After an exceptionally horrible day, he came home with torn clothes, ripped up books and broken glasses, finally telling his parents that he had been bullied because of the cake-baking. His father told him that he was the only heir to their family shop, and he wanted his son to take over no matter what. Roderich didn’t fully agree with the traditional ideas of his father, who would stick to traditional family recipes. He did, however, love baking cakes, so when he had finished high school he applied to a cooking school in Vienna. After three years, Roderich graduated from the school, having excellent grades, especially on pastries and decoration, but also on three-course or even seven-course menus and table manners. He decided to go to a restaurant to get some more experience, and to learn the national sweets and dishes from around the world, so when he comes back to Vienna, he can take over the family shop and broaden its assortment.

RP sample: ‘Just a little…more…’ Roderich muttered. His hand was perfectly still as he held the little carving tool. He barely dared to breathe as he cut out little piano keys in the fondant. He had been working for hours, hours, to complete this piece of work. The preparation had taken days. He had searched far and wide for black fondant, and had found it eventually.
‘Verdammt!’ His hand had quivered. Roderich leaned back. He only had a handful of keys to slice out of the white fondant, and to put on the black keys. Then his little Grand Piano would be done. He had packed already, and he had triple-checked everything for his journey. He had wanted to give his parents something, made from his own hand, from his own head. Not the Edelstein family recipe, not the creation of the school, not anyone’s. Just his. ‘Come on Roddy, just a little more…’ He encouraged himself. The Mozart music on the background made him think back to the times he had played those white and black keys himself; he had practiced this piece.
He breathed relief and wiped his face that had become sweaty without noticing, as he completed the set of white keys, exactly the same distance from each other, exactly the amount of keys as a real-life piano had. The pile of little black pieces of fondant were all shaped and ready to be pasted on. ‘Roderich!’ His head snapped up. His mom. ‘Roderich, dear, where are you! You have to go!’ It sounded like she was upstairs. He still had a few minutes before she’d come and look in the kitchen. He quickly but efficiently started to place the little black lumps of fondant on their respective places. He finished and put a handkerchief over his work just as his mother walked into the kitchen. His mother sighed. ‘Working with food while your taxi is here.’ She smiled. ‘Well, you wouldn’t be you if you weren’t working with food, though.’
Roderich quickly cleaned up his tools and the remaining fondant. ‘Uh… mutti…’ His mother looked at him expectantly. ‘This… on the table. It’s for you and father. I’d like you to look at it after I’ve departed to the airport. ‘Oh, Roderich…’ His mother’s eyes started shining with tears. ‘Will you be careful out there?’ She ran up to him and hugged him tightly. ‘Mutti…’Roderich mumbled. He hugged her back, noticing her frail frame. She had become so small, the years had passed so quickly. ‘Mutti, I’m twenty-one already, there is no need to be so worried.’ He kissed the top of her head. ‘I have to go now. The taxi is waiting.’ New York was waiting.

~O.U.T. .O.F. .C.H.A.R.A.C.T.E.R~

Name/Nickname: Any variation on 'Roderich' of 'Austria' will do ^^
Country and Timezone: Netherlands, that would be GMT +1
AIM/MSN/Skype/Ect: PM me if you’d like to know~ *shy*
Did you read the rules?: you made me choose D8 I’d say… ninja’s. No, pirates. No, both 8D;;
Any last words?: I, umm... have only done one rp (snowtalia) before... so uhh 8D;; just tell me if I do something wrong ^^ Aaaaand I tend to ramble 8D;; sorry that my rp sample is so long 8D;;

Last edited by Roderich Edelstein on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application   Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Ah, what a cute little Austria! ^_^ I assume he's a pastry chef in paticular?

Other than that little detail that I wouldn't mind being added, you're accepted. Austria would be so fun to mess with... shame my character isn't like that.
Back to top Go down
https://restaurantalia.rpg-board.net
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application   Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Oh whoops 8D;; Fixed now ^^
thanks for telling me X'D *shouldn't write applications late night*
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application   Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Thank you... sorry, I'm sure it's just me being pernickety...
Back to top Go down
https://restaurantalia.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application   Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Roderich Edelstein / Austria - Application
Page 1 of 1